Monday, June 4, 2012

Guest Post: Stacey Espino

Please welcome one of my favorite authors, Stacey Espino! She has a new release today, which is the latest in a serial. That's right, just like the good old days of soap operas when they left you hanging at the end of each episode.  Stacey has been kind enough to come over today and talk a little bit about writing a LoveXtreme Forever Series.

~~~~~~~~~~



Writing a LoveXtreme Forever Series



This is the Warning Label added to Taming Travis and other LoveXtreme books:





NOTE! You are purchasing Siren's newest serialized imprint, the LoveXtreme Forever Series. This is Book 4 of 7 in the Wolves of Climax collection. These books are not stand alone. Each is a continuation of the previous book and must be read in the numbered order. Each book may end on a cliffhanger but usually with a happy-for-now for the heroine and one or more men. The final book contains a happily forever after for the heroine and all her men.



I have many series on the go (Ride ‘em Hard, Uniform Fetish, Love Bites, Northern Shifters, etc.) but Wolves of Climax are my only serialized books, meaning they MUST be read in order. They’re kind of like a mini-series on television. It’s broken up into smaller segments and each edition usually ends on a cliff hanger to keep you anxious for the next one.



It has been an interesting experience for me. All my other series books are stand alone with secondary characters or settings similar to the other books. With Wolves of Climax, I have the same heroine and heroes for all seven books. It’s a bitter-sweet thing for an author. On one hand I don’t have to say good-bye to my characters after one book. However, I have to continually keep things fresh and add new conflicts to make things interesting.



When the first book came out, the warning label wasn’t added until the book was out for a while. I think some of my regular readers were in shock that it ended on a cliff hanger which is something I normally don’t do. I have tried to pump out each book quickly so they are only a month or so apart—less wait. Three are out already. Taming Travis releases June 4th and Evan’s Victory will be out a month or so later. 



Taming Travis really touched both my editors. He has been such a nonchalant playboy-type, so it’s nice to finally see the cowboy shifter’s softer side.



I’m really excited about the last two books, Patrick’s Heart and Climax for Six (the conclusion).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone make sure to comment and give a big thanks to Stacey for stopping by Love Books! Book Reviews today. Oh, and if you comment, you have the chance to win a $10 Siren-Bookstrand Gift Certificate. But I know that no one here is interested in that :)

8 comments:

  1. Already read and finished Taming Travis! Love the series as well as Stacey's other books. Looking forward to Evan's Victory! meschall@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't started the LoveExtreme series yet. To be honest I'm waiting till I have them all. :-)
    smurfettev AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to start this one, I really an enjoying this series. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually wait to read all of the LoveExtreme books together. I collect them and when I have all of them I gorge myself, at least that's what I do with the ones I buy now. The first LoveExtreme book I bought I had to wait impatiently for each one. :P

    smurfettev AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to this one...hooked on the series!
    Yvete
    yratpatrol@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most Defiantly will have to read this series. Thank's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently read book 1 and loved it I will be picking up the next books in the series! I cant wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacey, I have not read this series as of yet, but it looks GREAT!! I have already downloaded the first two books and hope to start them asap!!

    ReplyDelete