Monday, June 18, 2012

Review: Love Under Two Navy Seals

Book eight in the Lusty, Texas Collection. Review originally posted at Fallen Angel Reviews.



Love Under Two Navy Seals
Cara Covington


In New York, Julia Benedict meets Dev and Drew and has a one night stand with them. She falls hard for them but they are just like the alpha brothers she grew up with, so she runs. Once home in Lusty, Texas she sets out to forget her Navy Seals but they show up and proceed to court her. They are determined to make her see that they love her.

When Julia is kidnapped in a case of mistaken identity, her Seals move heaven and earth to rescue her. The drama doesn’t end there. Once Julia is safe at home, Dev and Drew have a plan to trap their enemy. But the women of Lusty, Texas are determined to take care of this problem on their own.  Will the men save the women in time?

I really enjoyed this book. As the series goes on, I feel it gets better and more complex.  Not only did I get a glimpse of some of the characters I have fallen in love with from a previous story in The Lusty, Texas Collection, but once again Ms. Covington delivers a story filled with intrigue and plenty of hot sex. As always, I loved that the story had plenty of mystery to keep my interest. The drama unfolding between Julia and her men was heartfelt and real.  I was invested in hoping that they were going to convince Julia of their sincerity. I really wanted their story to have a Happy Ever After. Of course that was offset by the mystery of who was trying to kill her. It was kind of obvious all along but there were a couple twists that you didn't see coming. There was also the added delight of Julia's family trying to play matchmaker and her meddlesome brothers trying to run her life.  All in all, it was a fun filled read that definitely kept me interested in pursuing more of The Lusty, Texas Collection. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment