Thursday, June 21, 2012

Review: Mine to Hold


Mine to Hold
Mine to Hold by Shayla Black

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



A friend's duty.

Tyler Murphy was an LAPD detective, single and happy--until a near-fatal tragedy crippled his friend, fellow detective Eric Catalano. While Tyler supported Eric, he also became a shoulder for Eric's wife, Delaney, to lean on. But with one naughty suggestion from Eric, a drunken night with Delaney spilled into erotic abandon. Before it was over, Tyler saw his best friend's wife as a woman and yearned for more. When Eric struggled to deal with the aftermath, Delaney begged Tyler to leave. Crushed, he fled to Louisiana, hoping to escape his longing for the one woman he could never have again...and unaware of what he'd left behind.


A lover's desire.

After two years of living with regret, Tyler finds Delaney on his doorstep, her husband having abandoned her long ago. She's protecting a shocking secret and desperately needs refuge from a stalker determined to see her dead. As they fight to stay alive and catch the killer, they struggle to resolve the guilt of their past pleasures. But they can't deny that what was once a spark is now a flame burning out of control. To possess Delaney--body and soul--Tyler must heal her pain and thwart the evil that's a mere breath behind her...

I was hooked on this book from page one and couldn't put it down. This book is just another wonderful addition to the series. In the beginning we get a glimpse of former characters and it is always nice to see what is going on with them and how the continued HEA is progressing. Ms. Black has a talent for writing characters with depth and understanding. People we give a shit about and want to hear more about even after the story is over. That's why I love that she always includes a glimpse of them as we go along. As for Del and Tyler, I fell in love with them. Their story was filled with drama, emotion and adventure! I know, you get tired of hearing me say it, but I do so love my sexy romances served up with a side of danger and intrigue. With this book, in fact this series, Ms. Black hits all my hot buttons! Not only do I get a sexy, hot romance and steamy love scenes, but I get love, family and friendship. It's all packed into one fantastic story that grabs hold and never lets go. When I read a book and my throat clogs and my heart feels like it's going to break right along with the characters, that means the author is doing her job. And no one does it quite like Shayla Black.

The only drawback, and this is a big one, is that I have to wait a whole friggin' year to find out which of the fantastic and mysterious characters she is going to write about next. I don't know about you all, but I am dying to know more about the delectable Xander.

If you have not yet read any of this series, what the hell are you waiting for!?



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more! Fantastic book and a fabulous review! Couldn't have said it better, you captured everything that made the book captivating to me too. AWESOMe series by such a talented author.

    ReplyDelete