Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Review: Demon's Caress


Demon's Caress
Demon's Caress by Crystal Jordan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Feel the burn.

Usually, Maron is the hunter—a demon sent to earth to imprison evil souls and hurl them into the pit. It’s a dirty, thankless job, but someone has to take out the trash. By necessity, demons need a partner to tag ’em and bag ’em. Since her partner got roped into a Demon Triad, though, she’s stuck with just the tagging part until her boss sends reinforcements.


Her backup turns out to be the last two men she wants to see. Two bonded demons who’ve been trying to seduce her into a Triad for months. Sure, the Triad’s sexual bonds generate phenomenal soul-trapping power. Give up her independence? Never. Still, it’s quite a thrill to be the hunted, for a change.

Since a night of debauchery in which the three of them experienced a level of power that’s nothing short of explosive, Raum and Kobal have been maneuvering to complicate her eternity…and make her like it. She thinks she’s the most relentless demon hunter around? She ain’t seen nothin’ yet. They’re determined to claim her heart and body…if they can cage the evil soul they’ve been sent to capture.

Well of course I loved this book. It's written by Crystal Jordan...duh! But beyond the usual hot sex, this book is about a woman...err...demon who is trying to protect her very soul. As one of the best demon hunters around Maron makes it a life's mission to never again be put in the position of trusting the wrong man. Or any man for that matter. In the story, Ms. Jordan does the job of cluing us into the history that has shaped Maron into the demon she is today while not dragging down the current events. It esessential to the plot that the reader understand what has gone before, so we know how important the triad is and how amazing it would be if it worked out.

I found myself rooting for Raum and Kobal the whole time. I totally understood why Maron wanted to keep her distance but I still wanted to tell her she was a moron. Yeah, I like to talk to my books. What can I say, I get invested in them. To me the hallmark of a good book is when the author can make you care about the characters and the outcome. Ms. Jordan had managed to do that and more. I really wanted to jump in the book and kill the jack ass that had hurt Maron so badly. I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment