Thursday, September 6, 2012

Review: Initiation by Clair de Lune




A recently widowed grandmother, Jane Browne never dreamed she'd find a new love when she went on an exploratory visit to Prometheus, an exclusive BDSM club. She has to overcome the burden of low self-esteem and physical difficulties as well as the hostility and prejudice of a rejected rival for her Master's affections.


Master Angus Scott has a tragedy in his past and is determined he does not want a permanent relationship. He is strongly attracted to Jane on sight and finds himself falling in love with her as he watches her struggles, even if he is reluctant to admit it.

He introduces her to the BDSM lifestyle, forcing her to conquer her fears. Gradually she regains her confidence, defeats her rival, and seizes her chance for a happily ever after with the striking Scot who woos her with soft Gaelic words of love.

I really enjoyed this book. It gives us a look at an atypical heroine. I have never read an erotic BDSM book with a grandmother as the heroine so I wasn't sure what to expect.  I might not be a grandmother (yet) but, Jane suffered many of the same insecurities that I do. The less than perfect body after childbirth, sagging boobs, etc.  It was nice to see these problems explored in Ms. de Lune's book. And it was tastefully done while not making a big deal of it. Of course the dream Dom, Angus was yummy. I think he was just the right choice for Jane. Who doesn't dream of a man who understands your insecurities, while making it clear that he finds you the most attractive women he has ever known?

For a debut release, Ms. de Lune has whetted my appetite. I look forward to reading more books about Prometheus in Chains and the characters there. I am also looking forward to reading more about Jane and Angus as the author has promised she revisits their story in a later book.

I give this book 4 Stars. Go ahead and get this book. It is a light, fun, erotic read and worth it. Then go to Ms. de Lune's website and enter a CONTEST she is running there. A nice prize up for grabs!

1 comment:

  1. I just read this last week and liked it, im excited to see more from this series and I wont have to wait to long as thre next one comes out 10/16 :)

    ReplyDelete