Thursday, November 15, 2012

Review: Unleashed


Unleashed
Unleashed by Crystal Jordan

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



It is a future few envisioned--humans with the ability to shape and shift into every imaginable predator on earth. This new world is dangerous, dark and filled with desire. . .

Hunting Temptation

Fox-shifter Gea Crevan is a PI working a case deep in the underbelly of New Chicago. She relies on ruthless businessman and leopard-shifter Quilliam North for good intel and even better sex, but resists taking him as her mate. Until she witnesses his carnal lust for another, and suddenly all her feral instincts are unleashed. . .

Reclaiming Temptation

Grifter Felicia Tamryn is half cheetah and all woman who always gets what she wants. Until the day she tries to con Constantine Breckenridge and instead finds her heart held tight in the talons of an eagle-shifter. Felicia tries to run but her past and her body betray her, catching her in a sexual trap of her own making. . .

[WARNING! This is a REALLY HOT book. (Sexually Explicit)]


Each of these stories was fantastic. They both contained mutual characters, entwining them but not the story lines, so it wasn't confusing. I haven’t read the book that came before this, but the characters from it are present. I was able to read and enjoy this book without that prior knowledge. Though I am sure it would have been enhanced had I read the first book before reading this one, it is by no means necessary. The characters came to life in my mind and I got myself in trouble by neglecting house hold duties while I was engrossed in this book. Each installment was a wonderfully suspenseful love story with a HEA. Stories like that are what I love.

Let’s move onto the world. The world was detailed enough that I really felt like I was living in New Chicago. All the intricacies of the species are revealed without overwhelming us with information. The world building was the same. I got a sense of the world without too much information, but just the right amount. The basis of the world is an interesting take on what happens with gene mutation. The idea of every single person having an animal to shift into along with their characteristics was so enthralling. I am rapidly becoming a huge shape shifter fan thanks to Ms. Jordan’s interesting stories. And I definitely need to go back and read the first book, Untamed!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment