Monday, January 28, 2013

Big Bad Bite Character Interview



Today on the blog we have Jenna from Big Bad Bite. She is half demon, half wolf shifter and all bad ass SWAT chick.

Hi Jenna. Thanks for joining my blog today to answer some questions for my faithful readers.


Hi Ursula! Thank you for letting me stop by today!

Tell us a little about yourself

Hi everyone! My name is Jenna O’Conner. I’ve just landed my dream job as the newest member on the Wilmington Police Department’s SWAT team. I’m eager to move away from the small town my single mother has raised me in because both her, and my Uncle Rick, are over protective, and therefore, overwhelming. This is my chance at living my own life. Of course, you had to know I was going to run into trouble trying to do that, right? I’ve got a man in my life now. His name is Adam. He’s an Alpha of the North Carolina wolf shifter Pack, and a pain in my ass, but I love him. I also found out I have a half-brother named Logan that I never knew about. I’ve made some new friends along the way. I’ve got a new partner at work named Kent who is a demon. There are two tiger shifters I’ve met named Gage and Alec. One wants to spank me with a rolled up newspaper, and the other just wants to spank me. *rolls her eyes* Can you tell my life has been just a tad on the eventful side lately?

What's it like being the only female on your SWAT team? 
Not too bad once the guys get to know you. Any woman with a job like mine is going to have to prove that she’s got some cojones. This isn’t pansy work we do on a SWAT team. After the hostage situation we worked, the guys know that I can pull my weight and that I’m an asset to the team instead of a liability. The only time they complain is when my significant other comes around. For some odd reason,  Adam scares the piss out of them.
How did you feel when you found out your missing Uncle was Pack Master?
It didn’t exactly compute for me because I didn’t know what a Pack Master was. When it was explained to me, and I found out that not only was Uncle Owen the Pack Master, but my Dad had been the Pack Master before him, I was a little in awe. I couldn’t imagine being in charge of a Pack (and therefore a size-able territory with the Pack), so the idea of being in charge on an entire country is kind of mind boggling to me.
Did you ever find out Kent's real name? He seemed a little upset when someone almost slipped and used it.

*snorts* He’s got that secret locked down tighter than the gold in the depository at Fort Knox. I think I’d probably croak from a heart attack if I ever managed to find out what it is.

Speaking of Kent, tell us a little bit more about your partner. Male whore-ishness aside, I am...intrigued. There is more to that man than we saw. *g*

Your right, there is more to Kent. It took me a while to figure out that his easy going, manwhore routine is a ploy. It keeps the world from digging into him deeper. I’m not sure what his deal is yet entirely, but I’ve got a feeling it has to do with his family. My Mama seems to have some idea that they’re rich, and practically demon royalty of some sort, but she’s pretty mum on the topic. So, I’ll just wait it out. Eventually he’ll slip up, and I’ll be able to piece more of his story together. He needs to figure out that I’ve got his back now. He doesn’t have to handle whatever it is he’s dealing with alone. He’s a typical man, so it’ll take him approximately until the end of the world to figure that out though.

You seem like you just rolled with the punches throughout the book, but how did it really feel to find out you had a brother who had been kept from you all his life?

It felt as if someone had sucker punched me. Seriously, first I find out that my Uncle Owen is still alive, when I had presumed him dead because he’d been absent for so long. So one second I think I have no more Uncle Owen, and then the next second I have Uncle Owen again AND a little brother? After that, it felt weird to be around someone I was related too, but didn’t know. I have to admit that I was a tad jealous too. He got the chance to grow up with our Dad and I didn’t. That was a hard pill to swallow. After a while though, Logan grew on me. Now I can’t imagine life without him to some capacity.
 
As alpha, how does Adam feel about his mate constantly putting herself in danger with the SWAT team?

The man growls like it’s nobody’s business! Thankfully, that’s about all he does when it comes to my job. He’s a bit paranoid since I don’t have the full range of shifter healing abilities, but I’ve convinced him that I can be careful. He’s made it clear if anything ever happens, and I get so much as a bullet graze wound again, he’s going to lock me down on McPhee Pack territory and never let me out of his sight again.

Now that you know how strong your telekinetic abilities are, are you working on developing them?

Yes. I’ve been forbidden by a certainly snarly man from lifting anymore cars in the near future, but my Mama has been popping in often to work with me. The best part about that is I’ve made a game out of it. I’ve made it my mission in life to see how many times I can throw something at him, or trip him while he’s walking, before he figures out it’s me and starts roaring to Adam about it. Men are so touchy, aren’t they?

How does the pack feel about the tigers and a demon spending so much time with them while you work on the Corvus issue?

I swear shifters are a bunch of divas. The McPhee Pack seems to be settling in about it though. Apparently the females swarm Alec’s SUV whenever it is seen in the territory and Kent’s been spotted coming out a few of their homes before the crack of dawn. The best news is, everyone loves my Mama. This is no surprise since she is the coolest mother ever. It also helps that she keeps Kent in line by threatening him with his first name exposure anytime he starts getting on people’s nerves. This has saved us from a lot of bloodshed, trust me.

And on that note, what will happen if your Uncle Owen marries Gage and Alec's grandma?

*groans* Oh please, just shoot me now and put me out of my misery. Do you have any idea what life would be like with Gage and Alec in the family? Not to mention, I’ve heard some stories about their sister Lulu that scare the shit out of me. I love my Uncle, and Gage and Alec can be fun to have around from time to time, but if any marriages happen I’m going to need either a serious supply of Valium, or therapy.
~~~~~~~
A little about Big Bad Bite:



What would it be like to live in a world where you are considered abnormal to those who are above the norm?

Jenna O’ Conner has been taught her whole life to hide from everyone. Never to let anyone to close enough to know that she would prefer a shotgun for her birthday over of a bouquet of roses. She’s been smothered by her over protective family so that no one learns what she truly is. Which is not human. Nor, is she considered the norm for the supernatural Other community that is benevolent enough to share this world with the humans.
In a desperate attempt to live her own life away from the small town she was raised in, Jenna obtains her dream job as the newest member on the Wilmington Police Department’s SWAT Team. What she didn’t predict was that she would run into trouble her first day on the job, in the form of a deadly, mouthwatering man named Adam McPhee. Who is also not human, but more like a wolf walking around in human skin. He’s determined to figure out exactly what Jenna is, which unbeknownst to him, could very well put her life in danger. He’s also determined to have her all to himself.
As if that wasn’t enough for Jenna to deal with, bad news blows into town. A group of extremist Shifters who think humans are cattle and factions of Others worldwide should stay within their own species - never to intermingle. Chaos ensues. Jenna has to find a way to shut them down, but in the process of trying to do that, discovers things about herself that even she never thought was possible.

Who said the wolf was what you had to worry about?
Welcome to the real world.

Big Bad Bite – Release date set for January 28, 2013
A Walk on the Striped Side (book #2)  Goodread’s Page: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17203686-walk-on-the-striped-side


~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now, a little about the authors:

Author Bio:
Jessie Lane is the writing team of Melissa Pahl and Crystal Leo. The two sister-in-laws share a passionate love of naughty romance, cliff hanging suspense, and out-of-this-world characters that demand your attention, or threaten to slap you around until you do pay attention to them. Because really, it is ALL about the characters. (They're kind of megalomaniacs - but don't tell them that we said that.) 

     Crystal and Melissa often live half their lives with their heads in the clouds dreaming of alpha military hunks, werewolves and kick ass heroines crazy enough to chase after creatures that they unquestionably should know better than to chase. 

    Their first YA novel, The Burning Star, was released in May 2012. Big Bad Bite is their second novel, but their first adult paranormal romance. They are now working on their next two novels, Walk On The Striped Side and Secret Maneuvers. With these projects underway, they are looking forward to showing the rest of the world their crazy stories, heroes and heroines that often plague their minds until written, and hope you will join them on their journey! 

Social Websites:
Website: http://jessielanesite.blogspot.com/

Don't forget the contest!!! The author is giving away this awesome goodie bag:
Wait … is that CHOCOLATE? Why yes. Yes it is. Along with 2 paperbacks of some of Lane’s favorite shifter books, an ecopy (not pictured) of Big Bad Bite, a snuggly throw, a beautiful bracelet, and a FREAKING AWESOME bag! B/c of the chocolate, this giveaway is US only, BUT another winner, open to our international guests, will be selected for an ecopy of Big Bad Bite! So enter away

a Rafflecopter giveaway




5 comments:

  1. This interview was so much fun to do and the answers made me laugh so hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and my favorite shifter has to be Mercy.

      Delete
  2. This book is going on the TBR list it looks great:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would enjoy reading it.

      Delete