Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year & Review by Amy: Truth

Welcome to the New Year!  Took a little bit of a hiatus these last few weeks. The holidays and all the hoopla were a bit overwhelming and I haven't been getting the reviews written like I should. Well, that's all over now and I am ready for the new year. A lot happened last year and my little review blog really took off!  I have met some great authors and gotten to read and review some awesome authors! I am hoping the coming year will be just as great. I have all sorts of fun things planned.


Now please take a minute to read this fabulous review from my friend Amy.  This trilogy she is reading has her hooked and I am about to start reading it too.




Claire Nichols endured the CONSEQUENCES of Anthony Rawlings’ vendetta. 

When she first arrived to his home, her goal was survival. Through strength and compartmentalization Claire captivated her captor. Her resilience in the face of his rule threatened Anthony’s well developed plan. Domination became desire and power turned to love. 

Their passion and adoration in a world of opulence appeared perfect. Yet, reality was a roller coaster of emotion. Claire’s world teetered on the edge of sanity as Antony monitored her every move. When given the opportunity to flee, Claire drove away. A fateful decision which set a well laid plan into motion. 

However, unbeknownst to either of them, there were others who saw past the perfect facade of Anthony Rawlings. There were others who saw the TRUTH. Conspiracy and unfulfilled promises result in an early prison release for Claire. Not just a release – a pardon. According to the law, her crime never happened! 

Will it be that easy? Faced with freedom from her past... can Claire seize it? Can she build a new life, mend her broken spirit, become the woman she once was, and seek her own revenge? Or is it all a game? And does the game master have different plans?
H
ow does Sophia Burke fit into the puzzle that is Tony and Claire? Will her presence affect the future of this well esteemed man? Can he dominate twice? Is that his goal? 

TRUTH continues the tumultuous saga of CONSEQUENCES, introduces new players, and uncovers more intrigue. Aleatha Romig skillfully weaves past transgressions through current deception to create a fervent world of obsessed desire. In this reality can an all-consuming relationship survive? 

When buried sins are discovered they threaten not only Tony and Claire’s future -- but their very lives! Will the TRUTH be revealed in time?
*************
Amy here again *waves* I hope I didn’t scare too many of you away with my “Sailor mouth” last time. Sometimes you just get one of those great books that evokes so many emotions that you just got to let it out! Luckily for me Ursula has given me an outlet for my emotions J.   The book of choice today is Aleatha Romigs book Truth. I promise to reel in my Sailor mouth today mostly because for most of this book my jaw was on the floor! So let’s get started with my jaw dropping review!
Last time we left Claire in jail for trying to kill her jerk of a husband. Truth picks with Claire 14 months into her prison sentence when she is suddenly pardoned by the governor. Claire seeks refuge with SiJo gaming CEO Amber to hide out from Tony for as long as possible, of course with Tony’s resources this doesn't last very long. When he finds Claire his plan to win her back is put into action. When it finally looks like things start to even out between Tony and Claire we are thrown a curve ball that propels the story right into the next book! The next book will not be releasing until late 2013 or early 2014 *sigh* I HATE waiting for good books!
I almost hate to say this, but here it goes my little book reading heart started to soften towards Tony in the end of this book. He was one of those great characters that I loved to hate now I’m finding myself hating to love him! Don’t get me wrong the guy is still a controlling jerk, but you find out more and more of Tony’s past and how that affects the man that he is now and yes he becomes a likable character! In this book Claire has grown and hardened as I would think a 14 month prison sentence would do! She takes a few pages out of Tony's book and starts to take control of her own life and the results are just jaw dropping! The secondary characters of this book are excellent and add so much to the story. I’m particularly in love with Derek Burke.
Every time I thought I knew what was coming next in this book I would read a little more and think holy shit I didn't see that coming! This book was full of twists and turns and I loved every minute of it. I loved that Claire took control and stood up to Tony and how it furthered their relationship. The end of this book was amazing. This is when you start to see how many of the horrible acts you think Tony did throughout the books perhaps was someone else’s doing and you start to see him as Claire does and start love him just a little. Truth was another excellent book by Aleatha Romig. I give it 5 stars.









No comments:

Post a Comment