Monday, February 11, 2013

Birthday Bash Day 11: Guest Post: Karen Erickson



Day 11 is here. Today I have the fabulous Karen Erickson! I am so excited. This isn't the first time she has been on the blog. She is becoming quite a regular :) I just adore her. Let's see what she has to say today!
~~~~~~

First, a big giant squishy Happy Birthday hug to Ursula *hugs* from a fellow February baby…thanks for having me as a guest on your blog today!


It is with more than a little sadness that I bring you the final book in the Worth It series, WORTH EVERYTHING. I have enjoyed writing this series immensely. Those sexy Worth brothers have kept me on my toes for well over a year and I adore them. I mean, what’s not to love? They’re gorgeous, powerful, sexy billionaires who when they meet the woman that’s meant for them, fall extra hard. Swoon…

But with WORTH EVERYTHING, I introduce you to a Worth sister—or is she? Poor Stasia Renaldi. Her world has been torn apart by some rather major bombs that are dropped on her during the reading of her father’s will. Now she’s on a hunt to discover the truth—and she’s taking along sexy lawyer, and Alex Worth’s old college friend, with her. Of course, sparks fly and soon the two are falling for each other.

I offer glimpses of all the Worths in this book because, I’m sorry, we need to see them as much as possible since this is their final book. *sniff sniff* WORTH EVERYTHING helps launch a new series though, because not only does Stasia discover those three Worth men could be her brothers but she also has three brothers she grew up with. Matteo, Rafael and Vincenzo Renaldi, who will each get their own book in the series, The Renaldis.

First up will be a glimpse of Matteo Renaldi and his heroine Paige in TEMPORARY ARRANGEMENT, a short story that comes out June 4th. Then their full book (TEMPTED BY HER BOSS) will be available July 2ND. Yay, more sexy rich billionaires and these brothers are all a bunch of brooding, passionate Italians (squee).

*Contest time! I will give away a digital copy of one of the first three in the Worth It series to one lucky commenter if they answer this question: Do you like to read books that are a part of a series? Or are you more of a stand-alone-book-type reader?*




Can two lost souls find their way to love?

Worth It, Book 4

Anastasia Renaldi’s life is a complete lie. Disinherited from the family fashion accessory business and informed she’s the illegitimate daughter of the famous—and long-dead—Michael Worth of Worth Luxury, she has no one to turn to. No real family, no job, no identity to claim. Lost and confused, she turns to the one man who can help her obtain what is rightfully hers.

Attorney Gavin Westmore is hired to discover the truth. Does Stasia Renaldi have a stake to claim in the Worth empire? From the moment he meets her, Gavin knows what sort of woman Stasia is. Calculating, devious—she won’t let anything or anyone get in the way in her pursuit of a fortune. As long as he can collect his generous fee, he’s fine with it.

But Gavin soon discovers his perception of Stasia is wrong. She truly is confused, a sweet, ambitious woman who wants what rightfully belongs to her. Soon they’re spending lots of time together—and it goes beyond the attorney/client type meetings. The only question is, after untangling the web of lies to get to the truth, if there will be any room left for love?


Where you can find Karen:Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Pinterest
~~~~~~
Ok, there you have it. Thanks for stopping by Karen, and thanks for the awesome birthday wishes. Don't forget to comment to win and leave your email.

24 comments:

  1. I much prefer to read series. I love to be able to follow the story and see how the characters grow. I also love secondary characters and love to see everyone get their own HEA. Big fan of Karen's books and have been dying to check out this series.
    Thanks for the chance to win.
    christinebails at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like reading both, as long as I know what they are. I can't read a book that is part of a series if I don't read them in order. Ambiguous series books bother me. :-D

    AquarianDancer at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE to read series. I tend to get really invested in the characters and I think series allow me to at least keep getting little glimpses of them, after their story has been told. Please there are always those minor characters that you become interested in and really know to know about their story.

    Thank you for the contest and the info on the Renaldis.
    kvmatlock(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both, however, I prefer books to read in a series. Usually when I like a book, I can't get enough of the story or characters and never want it to end. The Worth Series is a perfect example of double dipping. They can be read stand alone or in a series. I read book 1 and book 4.

    laurenturkel@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love series and have a few that I've read every book in them as they come out. I haven't started this one yet, but I keep hearing great things about it and would love to win the first one to bet me started. CarolynJ-coverholser at sbcglobal dot net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this series! I am looking forward to reading this one! Ursula you're doing such a great job this month!
    jess.ann@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like series books that can stand alone. If the subsequent books rely too heavily on the previous books in the series to make sense, it pulls me out of the story I'm reading. However, if some of the previous characters are mentioned in a book, I find myself wanting to get the other books in the series to learn their stories.
    I look forward to reading this series of books by Karen.
    rubypjohnson(at)verizon(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Worth Series is wonderful! Im having a blast with Ursula's Birthday Bash! Thanks for sharing.

    mariebrown7822@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi

    I love this series and have the first two! I really enjoy reading books in a series, I like getting to know the characters and I seeing them return in future books.

    Thanks for the chance
    Pam
    tpibrew@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love series! I can really get invested in the characters.Sometimes if i read a book not part of a series I daydream about what the characters are doing next! I haven't read any of the Worth books,but i would love to. Thanks for the chance to win. Katie, irishlassie37@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love series! I like the feeling that I know the characters...almost like they're friends or family.

    Marcy Shuler
    bmndshuler(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll read either, but I love series books. You get so attached to the characters, and it's wonderful to catch up with them in each book.

    Betty Lewis
    bessieinthewell@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like both though I do have to say I love the way series introduce different characters and then you get to learn their lives from a different perspective!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a huge fan of series but my problem being is I'm seriously impatient!! I'll sometimes put a series on the back burner until the series is done or almost done before I read it knowing I'm impatient. I just love reading a series in order and all together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love series books! I love getting to know the world & characters, and getting to get updates on characters after their HEA :)
    June
    manning_J2004 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I prefer to read books that are part of a series. I like learning more about couples that have already had their stories. I'm not a huge fan of the same couple getting multiple stories. That actually kind of annoys me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like both, getting to know more about the characters and things like that, yeah I love it.
    gaby_sama@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love to read series books. I think when you read a good series you get to know a group of friends or a family in as a whole. That's one of the best parts the on going interaction of the characters. Alo seeing what happens to them after their HEA.
    Lorimeehan1@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love series books. I like to see how they grow in the books..
    adgali(at)ymail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I prefer series books more than stand-alone books. The author can go into more detail with the characters, more secondary characters can get their own books,we get to learn more about the characters and their world.

    e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Karen and Ursula!

    Series books are my favorite but I've also enjoyed when an author takes a secondary character and writes a stand alone book with them either as the "hero/heroine" or even as a secondary character but the story itself is independent of the series and may even go off in a totally different direction!

    I guess it comes down to the book itself and not just if it's a series! I'd hate for an author to feel like they wanted to limit themselves if they got a great idea for a stand alone book and then didn't write it because they are known for the series! Think of the great books we'd miss reading if that were the case!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like books in a series and also stand alone stories. I don't think I have a preference, I am always just looking for a story that I will enjoy.
    mce1011 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I THINK IT'S JUST SOMETHING ABOUT A SERIES THATS DOWN RIGHT APPEASING & IMPOSINGLY ADDICTIVE...SIMILAR 2 MULTIPLE ORGASMS OR BY RIGHT A GREAT SERIES CAN B SUCH AN *aphrodisiac*..:) ((giggle:)) YA JUST CANT GET ENOUGH OF GOO:D ,GOO:D LOVING! thanQ
    redz041@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Winner has been chosen and notified. Thanks guys. Congrats Pam!

    ReplyDelete