Saturday, February 23, 2013

Birthday Bash Day 23: Guest Blog: author Kalissa Wayne

Welcome to day 23! Please welcome author Kalissa Wayne. Be gentle because this is her first guest blog. She is giving away a copy of her debut release.
~~~~~~

Breaking a Virgin Blogger’s Cherry
By Kalissa Wayne

“Would you like to guest blog on my site?”

“I’d love to, but I’m a virgin.”

“You’re a what??”

This is how the conversation started about three weeks ago. A very dear friend asked if I’d be interested in blogging for her birthday celebration (Happy Birthday Urs!!!!) and I said sure, but be gentle. So I’ll ask the same of her excellent fans, please be gentle with me, I’m a newbie. *batting eyelashes innocently*

Though I've written for years, I finally got the courage to submit a short story last year (2012). It’s a short story called “The Fireman’s Rescue” and it will be published in an anthology due out in July this year! I’m both ecstatic and dumbfounded. I’m excited that something I wrote will actually be published, but until I hold it in my hand I’m still kind of reluctant to believe it. But on to more interesting topics!



My, my, my. Isn’t he cute?

Where was I? Oh, yes! More interesting topics. As you can well imagine, I do a lot of *ahem* research online for pictures of inspiration not only for my heroes but my heroines as well. So saying, what is up with a certain "gaggle" image search? *names changed to protect the innocent* I type in “naked male cowboys” and I get the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. I type in “shirtless hunky firemen” and I get full frontal nudity on the rock & rollers, male AND female. Now, don’t get me wrong. A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman. I just prefer men! 

And that’s another thing! I know I’m *ahem* older, but when did you men start looking like jailbait? I've seen some pictures of cute young men lately, but their faces make them look sixteen. Give me a man’s man or silver fox any day!




Oh, my… is it hot in here or is it just me? What was I saying? Oh yes, about my short story. I have several other submissions out there in submission-land that I’m waiting to hear on, but this is what is coming out. 

In July (2013) Cleiss Press is publishing the anthology “Smokin’ Hot Firemen” and my short story of “The Fireman’s Rescue” (M/F) is included. It’s about a small town Fire Chief, the Dispatcher and the sexual tension that has been building between them. 



If you all leave a comment below (with your email), we will pick a winner for a free copy of “Smokin’ Hot Firemen.” It doesn't come out for a few months, but if you trust me, I’ll send it to you as soon as I get my hot little hands on it! The winner will be announced tomorrow!

Thanks Urs, for letting me come play, and again Happy Birthday!!
~~~~~~
Thanks for stopping by Kalissa. I am excited to read your story in the anthology. Comment below to win a copy of the anthology. (leave your email!)

6 comments:

  1. Great first post! How can you not love a fireman?
    Debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! This looks so good.
    jess.ann@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, prefer a man's man or a silver fox. I also like hunky firemen...so this title sounds right up my alley. Thanks for the giveaway.
    catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with your first guest blog post:) I have no idea what you said I was distracted by all the eye candy! lol
    good luck with your submissions
    ajcraig77@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comments are closed. Winner is Jess.

    ReplyDelete