Sunday, February 24, 2013

Birthday Bash Day 24:Interview: Madeline Sheehan


OK I know I am a total fan girl, but I just can't believe some of the author's I have this month! I just figured, what the heck and decided to ask who I wanted. So imagine my shock when the FABULOUS Madeline Sheehan agreed to do an interview for my humble blog!  Please enjoy her answers as much as I did.
~~~~~~~~~~

Undeniable specific questions:
U-Do you have inside knowledge of the workings of an MC? If so, tell me a little about it.

M-No, I don’t. I’ve known a few bikers but I have no inner knowledge of Motorcycle Clubs. I enjoy writing about unique subcultures. I have another series about a clan of Romanian Gypsies. The unknown intrigues me.

U-Did you have a specific inspiration in mind for Deuce and Eva while writing? Were they based on real life people? 

M-Yes and No. Deuce is a hodge-podge of everything I love and hate about men and is loosely based on a man I once loved very much. 

U-Also, if it were made into a movie, who do you see playing some of your favorite characters from the book? 

M-• Josh Holloway or Sean Bean for Deuce.
• Mila Kunis would be a good pick for Eva.
• Christian Bale for Preacher
• Amaury Nolasco is, WITHOUT a DOUBT, Cox! He just needs to go get pierced and tatted up!
• Kate Moss is my Kami 
• Hillary Duff is a close one for Danny.
• David Garrett for Cage
• David Beckham (with long hair) is Ripper, no doubt. Ripper is H.O.T.
• Kellan Lutz could be Chase.
• Emma Stone – Dorothy
• Mark Wahlberg – Jase
• Taylor Kitsch – ZZ
• Dakota Fanning – Tegen

U-Do you know how many books are going to be in this series or are you just writing until there are no more stories left to tell? 

M-I have a total of five books planned. Undeniable, UnBeautifully, Unattainable, Undyingly and Unbeloved. But that doesn’t mean there won’t be more, and you’re right, it all depends on whether or not there is a story left to tell.
U-Do you watch SOA? (I just had to ask *g*)

M-I do! Although, I was so bummed that Opie died, I haven’t finished watching the last season.

Generic Questions:
U-What are some inspirations when it comes to story ideas? 
M-Most definitely my life. I often take the personalities of the people around me and insert them into my characters. Dreams too.
U-Have you ever heard a song (or seen a movie) and just had an entire story pop into your head? 
M-All the time. I actually have about fifteen unfinished books, some halfway done, other three quarters, some just a few lines. Whenever an idea pops in my head, I write it down or if I’m not home I text message myself.
U-Do you have specific scheduled writing times? 

M-Yes, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week…

U-Are there times when you think a story should go one way and your "characters" change your mind for you? 

M-All the time. Half the time I think my fingertips are writing the story, not me.

U-What did you want to be when you grew up? 

M-A published author.

U-Which author is an automatic buy? 

M-J.R. Ward and Heather Killough-Walden

U-What do you eat/drink while writing? 

M-Other than coffee, I usually forget I need sustenance to survive while I’m writing.

U-What are you reading right now? 

M-Rogue Rider, Larissa Ione

U-What is your guilty pleasure? 

M-Hm. I’m not sure I can share that with you. 

U-What TV show are you LOVING right now? 

M-It’s a triple tie between Haven, The Vampire Diaries and Game of Thrones.

Ok, speed round *g*...

Jeremy Renner or Jason Statham? Neither. Mike Ness.
High Heels or Flats? Both.
Beach or Woods? The mountains.
Iron Man or Thor? Green Arrow.
Gone With the Wind or Titanic? Gone with the wind. No contest.
~~~~~~~
Well, there you have it folks. The fabulous Madeleine Sheehan. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my birthday bash today.


3 comments:

  1. Great interview. Gone With the Wind for me as well. I never watched any of those TV shows though. Maybe I should check them out.
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good interview. I love SOA and biker stories so I will definitely have to check out this series :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview:) I Love Deuce! I hated that Opie died too. He was one of my favorite characters.

    ReplyDelete