Friday, February 8, 2013

Birthday Bash Day 8: Guest Post: Clair de Lune


Well, it's day 8 of my month long birthday bash! Hope every one is having fun and commenting to win some fabulous prizes.

Today I have the pleasure of introducing my friend and author Clair de Lune. I discovered her when she requested I review her very first book, Initiation.  Since then I have gotten to know Clair and become her beta reader. It is a great job and I enjoy diving into her books. Ok, take it away Clair!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my name's Clair de Lune and I'm here to talk to you about my latest book. Why Clair de Lune? Well when I sent off my manuscript to Siren I expected a polite 'no thank you.'

They offered to publish my book and I hadn't a pen name prepared. I sat and thought about it and Clair de Lune just popped into my head so I suppose you could say it was meant to be. That's my version and I'm sticking to it.

Most of my books are about a BDSM club in Sheffield in the north of England. What makes most of them different is the heroes and heroines. I usually write about older people as I'm no longer young myself. I grew tired of reading about young people having all the fun. My characters may have health problems and issues in their past but they haven't given up. Life, love and sex don't end when you are 25. I have been surprised and pleased to learn from many of my readers, who are also past their thirties, that they too love to read about older people discovering love and fulfillment in the lifestyle. Having said that, my Doms are loving Dominants. They like their own way but will do anything to protect the ones they love. I believe there is enough sorrow and unpleasantness in the world we live in and prefer not to read and write about it. My characters get their happy ever after ending but they have to work to get it.

I have written a Regency mystery called "The Locket" and have plans for two more. I also have two dragon shape-shifting novels called "Dragon's Mate" and "Ness's Bane."

Prometheus is the part owner of the club that bears his name. He has been pursuing Jenny since he first saw her. Between him and Torquil they led me a merry dance. One would reveal a little of his story then disappear for a while allowing the other to come forward and tell a little of his. Now I have finished both their stories but, like Jane and Angus, who are on their third book, I doubt either of them have finished with me.

"Prometheus Triumphant" was released two days ago. I have an e-book to give away to one lucky reader. Send me an email (at clairdelune4542@yahoo.co.uk ) and I will organise a draw. If the winner already has "Prometheus Triumphant" then they can have a copy of any one of my back catalogue.

Thank you for having me on your blog Ursula. Thank you too for all your help as a beta reader it is very much appreciated as you know.

May I just add that I answer all emails and Facebook contacts and love to hear from my readers, many of whom have become friends.



Email:  clairdelune4542@yahoo.co.uk 

Twitter:  ClairdLunebooks




9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday when it comes... something else we have in common...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out with my Birthday Bash! I will wish YOU Happy Birthday on the day. :)

      Delete
  2. So nice to learn some more about you Clair! I have enjoyed your books form the begining and I know this one will be just as wonderful! Ursula this is turning out to be a great birthday month! Love it!
    jess.ann@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jessica, I appreciate all your nice comments. I hope you like this one and good luck with the draw ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great book! I love learning about new authors and this one is one that piqued my interest. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy Claire's books. Can't wait for Torquil's book:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.bookstrand.com/the-torquil-enigma

    enter the competition you might just win it
    Thank you for the kinds words hugs Clair

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winner has been chosen by Clair and notified. Thanks guys.

    ReplyDelete