Saturday, March 2, 2013

Guest Review: Love in the Land of Lakes

5 Stars

Hello fellow readers! Ursula has given me a new book to read. This one is a little different than what I usually review for you, but in a good way. I don’t think I have ever reviewed an anthology for you before and this one has a whopping 17 stories in it for you to enjoy. Let’s get started on the review for the anthology Love in the Land of Lakes by authors from the Midwest Fiction Writers.

Yes, you read that right 17 short stories for your reading enjoyment. They are all a little different. Some are sweet and funny while others are a little steamier. There are contemporary, historical, mystery and paranormal stories all in one book. The common theme for this anthology is romance and Minnesota lakes! I promise no matter what you like to read you will find a story in here that you will love.
It’s not possible for me to tell you about every story in the book so I have picked out a few of my favorites to tell you about. I will start with Her Stranger by Michel Prince. This is a story about a widowed woman who is trying to deal with her grief. A stranger sent from beyond and good looking handymen help her pick up the pieces and move on with life. I will admit I cried when I read this one. It was a sweet, sad story with a happy ending and I loved it. 
The other story that really stuck out to me was called What’s Up Dock? by Lizbeth Selvig. I laughed my ass off at this one. It was a romantic story of mistaken identity. Nothing is better then a good laugh when reading a book. 
This is a great collection of short stories that made me want to head up to Minnesota to check out the lakes and laze around and read all day. If you know me you also know that I am a cover lover and this cover is one that has to be mentioned it is beautiful!  This anthology has something for everyone so go get your copy now. This anthology gets 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment