Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Review: Sol and the Magic Fingers


4 STARS
Romance on the Go
Breaking your e-reader at the end of a long and trying day is enough to send any woman over the edge. Karen's one treat are her naughty stories. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Saucy stories in the old library? It doesn't seem likely, but when Karen is sent home with an odd looking reading device, magic happens at the touch of her fingers. Is the drop dead gorgeous man she encounters real or just a flight of her imagination?
Caught in a weekend of sexual delight, will she lose her heart, as well as her inhibitions? And is there any future for the two of them?
Be Warned: sex toys, bondage.

Review:

Right off the bat the premise behind this book really intrigued me.  I mean who wouldn't want a magical e-reader. Just the thought sent shivers down my spine. That said, I eagerly picked up the latest by Ms. O'Connor and read it straight through. 

There are some descriptions of when Karen first enters her local library that really spoke to me. It was depicted perfectly and made me remember the good old days. I used to love going to the library, spending hours browsing the stacks and leaving with a huge bag full of books to devour. I realized, after reading that scene, I hadn't been to my library once since I picked up my first e-reader years ago. 

The story of Karen and Sol had me swooning. This story made me laugh and cry all the while falling in love. I really fell head over heels for the characters and was rooting for them to find a way to be together. I think that if you are looking for a great story to take you away for a bit, then this is the one. You will fall in love and maybe even cry a few tears like I did. 

1 comment: