Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Review: Prophecy of Blood


One hundred ninety-eight seasons after the mushroom-shaped clouds first blossom to poison the humans of the Rising Sun, near the beginning of the Season of Inundation, Atlantis will return.

With those words ringing in their ears, vampires Christine Javert and Jordan MacNaught find themselves in a race against time to stop the return of Atlantis. As they hunt for the deadly Ares, they discover the true depths of his plot to incite a world-wide species war, turning the humans against all the non-humans, not just the vampires as they’d originally thought.







5 STARS



This is the third, and final, book in the Dream Walker War series. I have the review for book one, Blood Rage HERE, and book two, Blood-Mage Rising HERE. I am not ashamed to admit that I am hooked on this series. I may have harangued the author and made a general nuisance of myself. And even after all that, I got a mention in the dedication. *grins*
                           
If you have read the first two books then you were just as eager as I was to see what the conclusion brought. Well, it was far beyond my expectations. Words seem inadequate to describe how this book blew me away. The story went places I was hoping it would, places I wished it wouldn’t and most of all kept me enthralled the entire time.  The world building has been solid from the first book and stood up through the entire series. I laughed, I cried and I screamed at the book. I can’t say too much because that would be giving away the story so you are gonna have to trust me on this and read it for yourself.

Let’s talk a little about my favorite psychopath. He is back and as deliciously twisted as ever. Yes I know there is something fundamentally wrong with me to love the Bloody Baron as much as I do but he grabbed my attention from book one and eclipsed all other characters in my mind. I love how his character had changed and grown. Best of all, I love that Ms. Michaels avoided the trap of turning him good. Nope, she kept him as he always has been and he is better than ever. The heat he generates on the pages made me fear for my Kindle. Yep, I think I could be the kind of girl who loves a sociopath as long as it was Jordan MacNaught. Even though I am just a bloody rotter.

Ok so, I am done rambling. You need to read this book. Once again Ms. Michaels has blown me away with her ability to write some of the twistiest, turniest stories around. I was going in circles and loving every minute of it. I am sad this installment of the series is over. I can’t say how it ends but, let’s just say I see more author haranguing and stalking in the future. Do you hear that Ms. Michaels!? I want to know what happens now that…and since the return of…and why did…have to … Got all that?

Author Bio
Originally from the Sacramento Valley, Tory packed up and moved all the way to Southwest Florida in 2004 with her husband (a Florida native) under the premise that ‘hurricanes almost never hit that part of the state.’ That year, 4 blasted the area. 4 more came the following year, and her husband blames her for bringing the hurricanes. She now resides in Jacksonville and is relieved that, thus far, no more hurricanes have followed her around.

She began writing in kindergarten when a turnip wished to be human and, other than a hiatus shortly after getting married, has never stopped. Her love of vampires began somewhere in junior high, and combining the two loves didn’t take long. She loves music, considers herself a ‘book slut’ whose reading habits would break her family financially if given free reign, and is (usually) delighted to be a mommy of twin Shrimpettes and a Shrimp.

Facebook Tory  *  Facebook Series  *  Twitter  *  Website  *  Blog  *  GoodReads

Buy Links


No comments:

Post a Comment