Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Amy Review: Their Mating Illusion

By: Honor James | Other books by Honor James 
Categories: Erotic RomanceContemporaryParanormal
Word Count: 54,832
Heat Level: SIZZLING
Published By: Siren-BookStrand, Inc.


[Siren Classic: Erotic Paranormal Romance, HEA]
As a part of the royal line of magic, Maya Griffon knows just what evil is brewing in her own home. But to break free will take everything she has and everything she can give. Prophecy spoke of a way free, a way to find love and to have what she's always wanted, a man who can understand her like no other ever has. All she has to do now is convince him she is right.
Growing up poor, Quincy Wallace learned that everything has a price. Nothing is unconditional, and nothing is ever free. Love? Love is for those that can afford to be made the fool, something he will never be again. Maya, though, might just be the one person who can change all that if he dares to let her in.
With a crown on the line and danger pressing ever closer, love is truly the most powerful and pure magic there is. But will it be enough?
Amy's Review
4 STARS
Hello Everybody!  So Ursula tells me I can stop calling myself a guest reviewer and that now I am an official member of the team J.  You know she will probably regret this one day! LoL! I’m so excited I have the second book in the paranormal protection unit series by Honor James for you today. I love this series! I reviewed the first book in the series which I highly recommend you read! The review can be found HERE  . 

So let’s get to it! Oh by the way this review will NOT contain spoilers and that will be hard for me because something you thought was gonna happen didn’t happen but, you kinda wanted it to happen and …well it all worked out in the end! HA…how’s that for vague non spoiler!
                
In this story we have Quincy better know as Skittles. We met him in the first book and I adored him. He is a magic user and a very talented one at that.  He’s been through a lot in his life and it has really shaped him to be the man he is today a little bit of a loner, doesn’t have great self esteem and a bit unsure of himself. Then we have his future mate Maya who is part of the royal family of the Warlocks and Mages. To me she seemed to be a lot like Skittles in some ways she is very insecure and a bit of a loner herself.  Even through all of this they are mates and know it and work through all of their issues together.
                
Maya is trying to hide from her brother who wants the magic that their deceased father put into Maya but, a family friend has asked Maya and her brother to help rescue her best friend.  Maya has no clue just how much danger her and her friend are really in.  Luckily for Maya Skittles foils the plot for her kidnapping. Ok this is where NOT writing spoilers comes in so I will say again….. Something you thought was gonna happen didn’t happen but, you kinda wanted it to happen and …well it all worked out in the end! This all happened in the first part of the book! Then they actually get to the mating sparks fly, hot sex occurs and a sweet love blooms.
                
One of the things I really like about this book is that we really get to see Maya and Skittles work through all of their issues and they do this together. Being mated has given them the strength to overcome their pasts and be strong people. I liked that this was a case of the woman standing strong beside her man and everyone knowing that he needed and wanted her there. I have to say that I love the supporting characters in this book. I can not wait until we get to see the dragon shifters find mates, especially dragon king Talon.  

This was another great book by Honor James and I give Their Mating Illusion Paranormal Protection Unit 2 a shiny 4 stars.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much! I am so happy that you enjoyed this book. Quincy was one that I knew needed his story told, and in fact he pushed his way in front of everyone else to be second. I adore Quincy and Maya together and I'm happy you did as well.

    Honor

    ReplyDelete