Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Amy:The RT experience



Today’s blog post is going to be all about my trip to the Romantic Times Convention in Kansas City, MO! I wasn’t sure I was going to go this year and I’m so glad that I was able to make it and guess what I have photographic evidence…. I mean pictures. 

Some of you might not know me so let me introduce myself. My name is Amy. I live in Indiana , am a stay at home mom, have 5 kids, a grandbaby on the way, 2 dogs  and have a unbelievable husband who took vacation time to stay with 4 of the kids so I could go to RT. My traveling partner/navigator is also an Amy. Ursula likes to refer to us as “The Amy’s” I’m the Amy with glasses. 

Now we got the sads cause Ursula was suppose to go with us but, she couldn’t because she was still recovering from pneumonia. Never fear though because Amy and I made sure Ursula was well represented.


Room Key
Ursula's seat
We made sure she was with us everywhere we went. She was really quiet on the ride there!!  So we survived our 8 ½ hour drive and finally make it to the hotel.  BTW “The Amy’s” don’t pack light! And the room key was awesome!








LOL after dragging our bags up to the room, food was a must then a little author stalking was called for. Ursula was excellent at this!!

Stalking authors

We were exhausted so it was off to bed. 









Kansas City

Because we are dedicated fans we got up at the crack O dawn to hit the line 3 hours early.










Line Buddies

Now for those who haven’t been let me tell you it is a long wait and it is very important to make new friends while standing in line to pass the time chatting about books, having someone to watch your stuff while you go pee, you know that kind of thing. Ursula is very personable and made new friends right away.









Robin Rotham
Eden Bradley

Finally all that waiting pays off when you get yourself into the book fair. I get all fan girly and squeal and act like a idiot and Amy well she’s just kinda low key smiles a lot and lets the author’s know how much she loves their books. Ursula on the other hand has what I like to call the “Ursula Effect” she makes authors go all fan girly and squeal! She seems to be very popular with the group over at the Smutketeers!  

Kitty Kelly
Kitty Kelly
Kitty Kelly is a blogger and Smutkedette. That's how she met Ursula.




I horned in on her action with Raine Miller. WE LOVE ETHAN!  
Raine Miller



Morgan Ashbury/ Cara Covington



Corinne Davies


Heather Rainier
Peyton Elizabeth

























This year 
unfortunately Indie authors, ebook and print on demand authors were not allowed to be at the RT giant book fair but, Kallypso Masters organized a book signing for all these wonderful people called Romancing the Plaza where several of the Siren Publishing authors were hanging out. Another group of gals who get all fan girly over Urs! Kisses, hugs and warm welcomes is what awaited Ursula from the Siren girls.




These lovely ladies were also at the Romancing the Plaza signing and Ursula being who she is introduced herself and instantly became a hit.  Linda Joyce is with The Wild Rose Press, Tori St. Claire writes erotic suspense she also writes as Claire Ashgrove  and Ursula got us the inside info on a book that isn’t even out yet . Cathy Marlowe is coming out with her first book in September it’s titled Lie by Night from Entangled Publishing.


Now for those of you who haven’t been to RT after all the events of the day are over it’s time for the authors to let their hair down and relax.  Some of them do this in the lobby and chat with their readers.
Catherine Gayle & Jane Charles

These ladies where so freaking funny. This was truly one of the highlights of the trip. We talked about everything from their books, what they enjoy reading, sports, and family. These ladies rock! 


Now I have truly saved the best for last.

Randi Alexander is a self pub author that has a free book on Amazon right now titled A Gentleman and a Cowboy. You need to look very closely at this cover because this man is gorgeous!! A little tid bit about Randi is that she does a lot of her own cover art and it’s good:) Randi is a very good friend of Ursula’s so we Amy’s put her and Urs in what she calls the “Amy Sandwich” we don’t do this for many people but, for someone special it is a must. 


Authors and cover models like to unwind at the nightly parties at RT and Randi was heading to the one on Saturday and asked us to stop by to meet Ursula’s favorite cover model, Scott Nova. He just happens to be on the cover of Randi’s free read.

Being the good friends we Amy’s are to Ursula we knew she would want us to put Scott in an “Amy Sandwich” so we did our duty as friends and book lovers and obliged.

After all the fun and laughter, books and swag, it was finally time to head home.

We had an awesome time at RT13 and I would sincerely like to thank all the authors who made our trip a memorable one. Thank you so much.



7 comments:

  1. I had such a great time! Hope everyone enjoys the blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 you guys can't wait to see what adventures await the 3 of us :)
    Amy2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog post, Amy! It was fantastic seeing you and AJ and Ursula! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I had a blast LOL! MOst fun ever without actually being there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, you two Amys were so much fun! It's so nice that you brought the spirit of Ursula with you. Thanks for including my photo on your blog post. I am honored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE THIS!!!! I'm so sad I didn't get to see Ursula in person this year but I really hope to see her next year. I'm not sure NOLA is going to know whta hit them once we show up!! ;)

    KittyKelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I got to 'see' Ursula at RT-thank you for bringing her! *smooches* to Ursula and hope she's feeling much better!
    Eden :)

    ReplyDelete