Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Review: Rush Me


When post-grad Rachael Hamilton accidentally gate-crashes a pro-athlete party, she ends up face-to-face with Ryan Carter, the NFL's most beloved quarterback.

While most girls would be thrilled to meet the attractive young millionaire, Rachael would rather spend time with books than at sporting events, and she has more important things to worry about than romance. Like her parents pressuring her to leave her unpaid publishing internship for law school.

But when Ryan's rookie teammate attaches himself to Rachael, she ends up cohosting Friday-night dinners for half a dozen football players.

Over pancake brunches, charity galas and Alexander the Great, Rachael realizes all the judgments she'd made about Ryan are wrong. But how can a Midwestern Irish-Catholic jock with commitment problems and an artsy, gun-shy Jewish New Englander ever forge a partnership? Rachael must let down her barriers if she wants real love—even if that opens her up to pain that could send her back into her emotional shell forever.


My Review
4 STARS
This was a great book. I really enjoyed that the heroine didn’t have a clue what she was going to do when she “grew up”. She knew what she wanted to do and it didn’t mesh with what her parents wanted her to do even though she really is an adult. I think everyone can relate with that! I just got such a kick out of this story. I mean, Rachael ends up at the wrong party and out of that she is adopted by an NFL team. I LOVE that. Only in a story. *G* Of course the hero, Ryan, is at the party too and has the wrong idea about her but that quickly changes. 

There are plenty ups and downs and things get all messed up. I like the journey that the characters took. It just cracked me up that Rachael had no clue about football and really even after she got together with Ryan, didn’t want to learn. It wasn’t even on her radar. I can’t even imagine all the problems that you would have to overcome in dating an NFL star. This book showed a peek at just some of them. Also there was the whole little sub plot about Rachael’s brother dating her old high school nemesis. That scenario made me think of the movie You Again, which I absolutely loved. There is a whole class reunion thing going on and it was pretty painful. I felt so bad for Rachael.

There are also some awesome supporting characters in this book. I really hope we get to see them in some future books by Ms. Parr because I would definitely pick them up. I would love the chance to get to know some of those characters a little better. I definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys the New Adult genre or anyone for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment