Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Review: A Taste of You

For lovers of Fifty Shades of Grey and Bared to You comes a deliciously sexy romance with a culinary twist!

She didn’t know how hungry she was…
Beautiful and talented Catherine Kelly is intent on starting over as a food photographer in Chicago. With her painful past buried over 2000 miles away, she’s focused on her career and is hungry for little else. Until she meets William Lambourne, a wealthy bachelor with arresting blue-grey eyes filled with enough tragedy to match her own. William urges Catherine to step out from behind her camera and fully taste all that life has to offer, stirring an appetite in her she never knew she possessed - and it’s one only he can satisfy. 

He couldn’t wait to feed her…
A gourmand who takes great pleasure in food and in women, William Lambourne is rich, powerful, and gorgeous -- and as talented in the kitchen as he is in the bedroom. Longing for a woman to truly savor, William finds his match in Catherine. From the moment he meets her, he is determined to discover the perfect recipe to unlock Cat’s resolve, awaken her senses, and make her his own.

Theirs is a meal worth savoring…
William is as mysterious as he is passionate, but as Catherine begins to fall for the stormy-eyed billionaire, she knows she must reveal her own dark secrets. But first, William must win Cat’s heart to ensure their pasts don’t undo them.

Book 1 in The Epicurean series, A Taste of You will leave you ravenous for more of Cat and William’s story!


My Review
4 Stars


This was a good book. A woman starting over in a new place. She has a really interesting job. I had never read a book about a food photographer before. Or a food styler for that  matter (her best friend).  The initial meet between the hero and heroine was oh so mysterious and set the mood for the next meeting. Enter disgustingly rich man who has the means to…well, there is no polite way to put it…stalk the woman he is interested in. Yep, I couldn’t stop the feeling that he was a little stalkerish, but that’s ok. I like my heroes with a lot of angst and issues. Well, he had them aplenty. The heroine is equally troubled and they both have secrets galore that they don’t want the other to find out. It made for a very interesting read. The chemistry was intense and there were several instances where I wanted to kill that man.

Now let’s get to the part that bugged me. It was really only one thing, and that is the parallels between another book that I shall not name here. Mega rich hero, essentially stalks the heroine, won’t take no for an answer, has a driver/body guard, buys her insanely expensive presents, shrouded in mystery, best friend sets up Google alerts about him, said Google alerts spark a huge fight and misunderstanding. Am I ringing any bells here? Yes, I couldn’t help but notice how many instances these books seems to mirror each other. Now, don’t get me wrong, I really enjoyed the book I shall not name and I also enjoyed this book. Me personally, I just couldn’t help but see the similarities and it kind of made it hard for me to lose myself in the book while I was so busy finding so many things alike between the two.

Now I know what I just said sounds harsh. But I don’t mean it to. Other people may not even notice the similarities. And I know that the blurb says fans of certain other books will enjoy this because of the similarities. I really did enjoy this book, hence the 4 star rating. The writing was great, the plot kept me interested and I will be curious to see what happens next because as with so many books these days it ended in a “WTF!?” cliffhanger. I want to know what happens!

I wonder if I could get Ms. Grace to the blog for an interview. I will have to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment