Thursday, June 27, 2013

Review: Torn

Two people with battered souls are thrust together unexpectedly, leaving a profound impact on each other’s lives.

In K.A. Robinson’s USA Today bestselling debut novel, Torn, Chloe hasn’t had the easiest childhood. With a mother who was absent most of the time, she practically had to raise herself. Determined to start a new life and leave her demons behind, she heads to West Virginia University with her best friends Amber and Logan. On the first day of classes, she spots a student who takes her breath away. Drake is a pierced, tattooed bad boy, and no matter how hard she tries to fight it, he’s all she can think about.

Drake has never cared about anyone other than himself, but when Chloe takes the empty seat next to him in class, he is instantly drawn to her. Drake is left wondering whether this girl can take his cold, womanizing heart and alter him forever.

Falling for each other was never a part of their plan, and when it happens, things do anything but fall into place. Long-hidden feelings are revealed and friendships are tested to the brink as Chloe and Drake become helplessly entwined in each other’s love.
4.5 Stars

I just finished reading this book and have to write the review right away. It blew my mind. I was torn between wanting to shake Chloe until she figured things out and wanting to hug her and tell her everything would be ok. I have to say I was team Drake from the get go. Logan ticked me off with his over possessive cave boy act. Yes I said boy because he acted like a spoiled rotten kid who didn't want to share his favorite toy. I get that he was her best friend but I don't really understand what Chloe saw in him as boyfriend material.


The chemistry between her and Drake was clear from the get go! I saw beyond Drake's bad boy act to the pain beneath. I knew if anyone could break through it would be Chloe. I never really got that with her and Logan. Bottom line, they are three not yet adults who are living life and making their mistakes as they go. That's how you grow up and learn. So the author did the perfect job of giving that to us. (I have an 18yo and I know first hand that they make mistakes and no matter how you want to make the right decisions for them, all you can do is be there if they want help.)  I can't wait to see how the story progresses from here in Twisted.


Ms. Robinson wrote a book that was enthralling and heart wrenching with plenty of comical moments that made me laugh out loud. This is one I will be recommending to my friends. OK, enough of that, I am starting Twisted right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment