Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Review: Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen)

Book 1 of THE SECRET LIFE OF AMY BENSEN Series
ESCAPING REALITY
Infinite possibilities....
Infinite passion.....
Infinite danger....
His touch spirals through me, warm and sweet, wicked and hot. I shouldn't trust him. I shouldn't tell him my secrets. But how do I not when he is the reason I breathe? He is what I need.
At the young age of eighteen, tragedy and a dark secret force Lara to flee all she has known and loved to start a new life. Now years later, with a new identity as Amy, she's finally dared to believe she is forgotten-even if she cannot forget. But just when she lets her guard down, the ghosts of her past are quick to punish her, forcing her back on the run.

On a plane, struggling to face the devastation of losing everything again and starting over, Amy meets Liam Stone, a darkly entrancing recluse billionaire, who is also a brilliant, and famous, prodigy architect. A man who knows what he wants and goes after it. And what he wants is Amy. Refusing to take "no" as an answer, he sweeps her into a passionate affair, pushing her to her erotic limits. He wants to possess her. He makes her want to be possessed. Liam demands everything from her, accepting nothing less. But what if she is too devastated by tragedy to know when he wants more than she should give? And what if there is more to Liam than meets the eyes?

Review:
5 STARS
Holy cramoly! From the first page of this book, I was hooked! Before you even get to know Amy, or what's going on, she's on the run for her life. Again. This review is going to be really hard to write because I don't want to give anything in the plot away. I have all these theories and scenarios running through my head and I am already dying to read the next book. It was kind of a cliffhanger ending, but I was expecting it. What I was NOT expecting is what happened! I was suspicious at first then lulled into a false sense of security, just like Amy. So I was totally blindsided by the ending.
This book has it all. Steaming hot romance...or is it obsession, mystery, danger, twists and turns that are still making my head spin. I was sucked in and damn if I could put the book down. I couldn't sleep after I finished the book because I was still running over events and scenarios in my mind. What's going to happen next? Is BLANK and BLANK in on it? Are BLANK and BLANK working for the handler or the bad guys? And what the hairy hell happened when she was 18!? Inquiring minds want to know right fucking now! 
That's about all I can say for now. You need to read the book. The writing will totally suck you into the story, the characters are so interesting and all the things going on will keep you guessing until the last page. I kept watching the percent read and when I was at 98% I was like, OH HELL NO! I am NOT ready for this book to end yet, then...
BLAM!
It happened. Holy fucking balls! This book is definitely being labeled: OMFG!
When does the next book come out!? At the end it just said Coming Soon. *throwing things now* Ok, so if you get the chance to read this story, which releases on July 22, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment