Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review: A Night to Forget

New Adult Contemporary Romance **Mature Content** Recommended for 17+ due to mature language and adult situations.

A Night to Forget is the first book in the two-book series, Emma's Story. The second book in the series, The Day to Remember is scheduled to be released in August 2013.

What happens in Cancun doesn't always stay in Cancun.

When Emma Anderson and her friends decided to spend their senior year Spring Break in Cancun, she expected some crazy memories to end their final college days. What Emma didn't expect was to meet Brandon Fisher. Tall and sexy, with dimples that would make any girl swoon, Brandon Fisher was literally the man of Emma's dreams. She couldn't quite believe that this stranger, who seduced her every night in her dreams, actually existed.

After serendipitously bumping into each other, Emma could not resist Brandon's pull and spent an unforgettable night with him. Passing it off as a spring break fling, Emma never expected to see Brandon again. But when she started her first day at her new job a few months later, there he was. The only problem was, Brandon didn't even remember her.


Review:
4 STARS

Imagine meeting the man of your dreams, sharing one night of spectacular passion in an exotic locale, then the next time you meet he doesn't recognize you. Yep, made me want to read the book too. But there is a lot more going on here than just a hot hook up. Emma and her three closest friends are about to finish college and embark on their adult lives. This book focuses on Emma and we get a satisfying glimpse into the other three girls.

Emma has a past that makes her relationships difficult. What can I say? Boys are big stupid heads. I loved watching her put her boyfriend in his place and not give into pressure. Then I had a blast reading about the girls partying in Cancun. Oh those spring break memories... *clears throat* but we aren't here to talk about me. For me the story just gets more interesting from there. Into real life Emma goes with a new city to explore and a new job to kick ass at.

I have to admit I was shaking my head and wanting to shake Emma more than once. I predicted some of the things that were going to happen, but others left me shocked.  To say that the ending left me yelling at my Kindle...well, that's a very accurate statement. GRR! I HATE CLIFFHANGER endings because we all know I am impatient and I want what I want, when I want it. Like right now, I want to know what happens after Emma...and sees...then he says...

YEAH! You want to know what happens next too, right!? Lucky for us, the conclusion to Emma's story comes out in August. I am eagerly (read impatiently, maybe I should stalk err, check the author's facebook or something) awaiting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment