Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Review: Wedding Gamble

Preschool teacher Laura Nichols is celebrating her birthday and sister's bachelorette party in Vegas. Being in Sin City is thrilling and she intends on tapping in to her wild side. Laura can't resist the added excitement that comes with saying yes when a hunky man off the street proposes...

FBI agent David Abruzzo has been working undercover as a thug to bring down the Zacolli crime family, but his cover depends on convincing the mob he came to Vegas for a quickie wedding. If they catch on to his plan, his cover's blown, and he's as good as dead. 

Over the course of 48 hours, David and Laura use rollercoasters, glowing condoms, and exotic male dancers to stay alive and bring the crime family down. But it will take more than Lady Luck, one night of passion, and a little Vegas magic to turn their fake marriage into something real.




Review:
3.5 Stars

This was a fun romp of a book to read. I really felt like I was in Las Vegas and then when Laura first met David, I was like, dang! I really need to go to Vegas. *g* I guess what they say is true. Anything can happen in Vegas and for this book it certainly does. 

When we first meet Laura she is at her sister's bachelorette party. Yeah, I really didn't like her sister much. Selfish spoiled brat all the way and her friends weren't much better. Although, there was a point where I was like, what is wrong with Laura!? Who just blithely takes pills some girl she barely knows hands her? And the next day when she realized what had happened, she never really questioned that maybe it was the pills that fucked her up!? That seemed a little implausible to me.

From then on her trip becomes a whole lot more exciting as she is drawn into a whirlwind of romance and danger. It was definitely an interesting read. I never knew what was going to happen next and I had to keep reading to see what would happen. This was my first book from this author and I will definitely be looking for more from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment