Monday, September 9, 2013

Review: All of You

In this powerfully emotional debut New Adult novel, Avery has just met her hot upstairs neighbor. He’s irresistible. Tattooed. And a virgin.

Nursing student Avery Michaels wants nothing to do with dating—she’s perfectly happy single.  Privy to too many of her mother’s bad decisions and even worse taste in boyfriends, all Avery can handle is a string of uncomplicated hookups whenever the mood strikes.

When she meets smoking hot tattoo artist Bennett, she wants him—for just one night. But he won’t accept a no-strings-attached arrangement. He lives by a straight-laced code of values based on his own troubled upbringing.

Bennett sees something special in Avery and he wants more from her. Way more. As Avery wrestles with her emotions for Bennett, danger and tragedy force them to open up to each other. And Avery must face the terrifying realization that she wants more from him, too.

So she needs to make a choice—let Bennett go or finally let him in.

5 STARS

Whew. This book was full of chemistry and hotness. It also had drama and I cried. But most of all, I just loved this story. We start with this opening line:
~Love was like a loaded gun. ~
I knew with that first line that I would be in love with this book.  I was right. Total, head over heels in love with Avery and Bennett.

I felt for Avery. What a messed up childhood she had. From that she is doing something good with her life and despite her penchant for no strings attached one night stands, she is pretty level headed. At least until she meets Bennett. Ahh Bennett. Yes, he made me sigh, so many times. Let’s get this out of the way. As the blurb states, yes he is a virgin. I admit I had some misgivings about that aspect of the story. I am all about the alpha males heroes. Trust me when I say that Bennett is all alpha and all male. The virgin factor didn’t squick me out. The author was a genius in that aspect. He was only hotter for the fact that he was waiting. I am so in love with Bennett that he has definitely been added to my list of Book Boyfriends.

We also get to meet some of Avery’s friends. One of them, Ella I adored the other one, Rachel, not so much. Rachel had enough issues that I think she needs her own book. I might like her more then. Her bestie, Ella has her back no matter what. Ella knows that Bennett is good for Avery and tries to talk her into trust Bennett and let him into her life.
~ As a friend, you slut. Someone who can warm your heart, not your bed. ~
I laughed my a$$ off more than once through the interactions between the friends.  One other character I want to mention is feisty Mrs. Jackson. I swear, I love that woman. She has the best advice and sees straight through the bullshit.

I knew something terrible was going to happen. There is definitely not much smooth sailing throughout this book. Just when you think it will all be ok, something happens. I predicted  a lot of it, but even though I thought I was prepared…

This book still ripped my heart out.

I got it back, but it was definitely slightly battered by the time I did. You should absolutely read this book. You will laugh, cry, sigh, get angry and wanna yell at the characters. To end the review, one more quote. It comes from a poem and sums up this story in two sentences.


~ Two seeds destined to grow in concert, planted together in the field of love. The sky cast wet buckets of dreams and desires, the roots took shape and the leaves tangled as one. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment