Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Guest Post: Ana Blaze





Title: A LATE THAW
Author: Ana Blaze
Publisher: Entranced Publishing
Imprint: Kissed
Genre: contemporary romance
Length: 57 pages (novella)
Release Date: October 28th, 2013

Blurb:
The town’s too small for Kiley St. Claire’s reappearance to be a surprise, still seeing her hits Cole Thomas like a punch to the gut. She ripped his heart apart when she turned to ice and ran away all those years ago. Now that she’s back, Cole’s going to say his piece and move on.
Even if she does look damn good in that uniform.

Kiley St. Claire is back in the small town of Barrett, Vermont, for one reason and one reason only: to earn some cash so she can survive her final semester of grad school. She’s not there for the sexy Christmas tree farmers.
Even the one who once held her heart.




About the author:

Ana lives just outside Washington DC with her very supportive husband and three rather demanding cats. She loves the ocean, Indian food, Ikea, and cooking. Ana admits to watching too much television and she swears that someday she’s going to learn how to play the guitar resting on the bookshelf in her office.

Connect with Ana:






a Rafflecopter giveaway A Late Thaw takes place in a fictional small town in Vermont, but my love for actual places in Vermont is very real. I spent four years exploring the region during college and wish I could go back at least twice a year.  So, I thought it might be fun to share a few of my favorite Vermont cool spots with you. (It’s rarely warm enough in Vermont to call anything a hot spot.) I tease. Summers in Vermont are stunning. I highly recommend people visit during all four seasons. Here are some places you should check out while you’re there.

1. The Quechee Gorge. Formed by glacial activity thousands of years ago, the gorge is a deep groove in to ground that provides one of the most dramatic sights in the northeast. Seriously, it’s gorgeous. Yup. I did that.  There’s a state park and nice camping in the area (which is all perfectly picturesque) and while there you should visit the raptors at the nearby VINS nature center.

2. Brattleboro, VT. I have friends who will tease me for this one, because Brattleboro is one of the southernmost towns in Vermont and it was the first place I stopped when I traveled up to attend college in the Green Mountain state. It was one of those love at first sight situations and I’m still holding strong to that initial strike from Cupid’s arrow. It’s a small town by most anyone’s standards, but it’s a bit of hub for the region and home to a surprising number of great restaurants. It’s pretty of course, you’ll find most of Vermont is startlingly charming to look at and the town has a nice artsy vibe. It’s a good spot to use as a base for exploring the southern chunk of the state. While there, visit my favorite coffee spot: Mocha Joes.

3. Ben and Jerry’s Factory. No trip to Vermont is complete without a stop at the Ben and Jerry’s factory. Go, see ice cream being made, watch the super cute origin story movie and pay your respects at the retired Flavor Graveyard.

4. Woodstock, Vt. I’m going on the record--Woodstock, Vermont is the cutest town in the world. It’s a place I traveled through a few times a year during college and every time I saw it, my heart skipped a beat and I swore that someday I’d live there. It hasn’t happened yet, but the dream lives on. It’s tiny but there is a big central town green and lots of neat shops and restaurants. It looks like a town from a CW television program. That cute.

5. Magic Hat Brewery. This one is for the twenty-one and over set. There’s a fun self-guided tour and yummy beer tasting. Even better, go to the Mardi Gras celebration that Magic Hat hosts in Burlington each year. It’s wild. Thousands of people brave the very cold February weather to watch the parade and catch beads and chocolate. Bonus points: It raises money for awesome charities.

So there you have it. Five cool spots to check out when you visit Vermont. 


2 comments:

  1. Ben and Jerry's!!! I will most definitely go there for Ice cream~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for helping with my blog tour!

    ReplyDelete