Sunday, November 9, 2014

Review: Colors of Us

McAvery Brothers, 1
Everything she knew to be true fell apart. Then fell apart again…

Michelle Willis is running from her past. What better place to hide than in the anonymity of New York City. Finding refuge in a tiny SoHo art gallery, she rebuilds her life one painting at a time.

A wrong turn sends Hunter McAvery on a crash course with disaster. He fights his own demons by following his big brother’s lead - drinking and bed-hopping his way through Manhattan.

A glance at Michelle’s self-portrait triggers emotions Hunter can’t tamp down. Driven to meet the artist, he discovers a fiery chemistry as their lives collide. But when their past threatens to tear them apart, can their love survive?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colors of Us

4 Stars

The first time Ms. Bunino mentioned her McAvery brothers series I was intrigued. My last name being Avery, it tickled me, the similarity. Yes, I know it’s a stretch, but when one of your favorite authors is starting a new series about a group of men whose name contains part of your own, it’s enough to peak your interest. Ok, well, that’s all it takes for me.  I was even more excited to receive an ARC.

This book definitely sucked me in from the first page. I mean right off the bat we have Michelle who obviously has a troubled past.  Tortured heroines are some of my favorite and Ms. Bunino did a wonderful job of drawing us into the character. I wanted her to be able to let go of her fears and trust, especially when it came to Hunter McAvery. (yeah, maybe I like typing the name *g*) That first meeting between the two was perfect. I felt like I was right there, watching the whole thing unfold.

Well, I don’t want to give too much of the book away.  Suffice it to say, the characters were so well written I felt like they were friends of mine. I wanted to kick them a time or two and found myself shaking my Kindle in frustration. The story was poignant and romantic and hot all at the same time.  I have already read it three times and I imagine I will be reading it many more.  We also get tantalizing glimpses of the other two McAvery brothers, Alex and Liam. It’s funny how by the end of the book, besides falling in love with Hunter and Michelle, I felt like I had a really good handle on the other two brothers. I have decided that Liam McAvery is my new book boyfriend.  I can’t wait to see what Ms. Bunino has in store for them and hope we will get to revisit Hunter and Michelle with their stories. I can’t wait for the next installment!

No comments:

Post a Comment